Ask the Pastor

In the interest of fostering widespread moral discussion about the issue of copyright, I have composed a question designed to be posed to christian clergy and pundits. I will be sending it off to various 'Ask the Pastor' sites, and I will post responses. Pass it on, and suggest changes.

Is copyright law biblical? I know that christians should obey the law of the land, and not copy illegally, but should christians be keeping copyrights on things we write or draw or record? I can't find anything in the Bible that says someone can own a book, the text of a book, or that the writer should stop people from copying.
I feel like it would be easier to make money with copyright, but I want to do the right thing. How were writers(scribes?) and musicians paid in biblical times?
And, is it different for a song that was given by God?

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?